Mosquito and Tick Control in Boston
Mosquitoes and ticks pose some of the greatest threats to your home comfort and safety. From Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever to Zika virus and West Nile virus, a bite from a tick or mosquito can transmit all kinds of diseases. That’s why Boston families need a pest control team they can trust to eradicate the issue.
GreenHow is proud to be Boston’s premier provider of mosquito and tick control solutions. As the region’s first and only pest control company certified for green pest control service, we are uniquely capable of delivering safe, effective treatment that yields long-lasting results without harming you, your family, or your pets.
Get started with a fast, free mosquito and tick inspection by calling our team at (617) 964-4733 today!
Defend Your Yard from Mosquitoes & Ticks
Ticks and mosquitoes aren’t just a nuisance — they pose a serious threat to you, your family, and your pets. It’s important to act quickly when your yard suffers from a mosquito or tick infestation so you can prevent against:
- Bites: Both ticks and mosquitoes bite, which can cause itchy, raised bumps on your skin.
- Disease: Mosquitoes and ticks are known to spread diseases that can have a broad range of damaging effects, including fever, birth defects, and parasites.
Don’t delay spraying your yard for ticks and mosquitoes any longer. Get the long-lasting treatment you need to regain confidence in the great outdoors. Call (617) 964-4733 to request a free inspection today!
Our Mosquito & Tick Control Solutions
Our highly trained pest control technicians take a deeply methodical approach to mosquito and tick removal. Depending on the type of infestation, we’ll apply a different tactic to ensure the best results:
5 Steps to Mosquito Control
- Location: Our team will locate standing water and sites that are prone to mosquito activity to identify problem areas around your yard.
- Cleaning: The next step is to clean, drain, and regularly change water in gutters, drain stumps, birdbaths, and other areas. These are hotbeds for breeding.
- Vegetation Treatment: Then, we’ll treat vegetation with a pesticide labeled to kill mosquitoes to prevent them from resting or harboring on your property.
- Installed Repellent System: We will propose setting up a installed mosquito repellent system to create an on demand outdoor space for protection against mosquitoes.
- Water Treatment: On large commercial sites, we’ll treat any standing water that cannot be changed with a larvicide, such as ponds, sewers, and storm drains.
3 Steps to Tick Control
- Habitat: Reduce the tick habitat by keeping your lawn short and removing wood piles from around the yard.
- Vegetation: Our team will treat vegetation and leaf litter with a pesticide labeled to kill ticks to prevent them from questing on your property.
- Rodents: Using tick tubes, we’ll treat the rodents around your home to prevent them from carrying unwanted guests into your property.
Ready to say goodbye to the ticks and mosquitoes making your outdoor life miserable? Request a pest inspection by calling us at (617) 964-4733 today!
On Demand Installed Mosquito Solution
We are proud to mark another first as the premiere pest control company in Massachusetts to complete stewardship training and install the new Thermacell LIV Installed Mosquito Repellent system. This system creates a large area of protection from mosquitoes you use on demand.
Here’s how it works:
- First, we survey the site with you to determine what areas you want protected.
- Then, our team at Greenhow installs a low voltage HUB connected to your homes wireless network to control the system.
- Next, we configure a network of powered and wired repellers that each provide a 20 foot zone of protection from mosquitoes.
- Finally, you get to enjoy your space with the touch of a button on the LIV+ App. Simply turn on the repellent system, wait until the system warms up the people and pet friendly mosquito repellent, then enjoy your protection. This highly effective and fast acting material provides consistent and powerful mosquito protection.
In2Care Mosquito Control
We are proud to mark another first as the premiere pest control company in Massachusetts to complete stewardship training and use the new In2Care mosquito trap system. This innovation in mosquito control uses the mosquito itself to treat water breeding sources around your property.
Here’s how it works:
- Egg-laying female mosquitoes are drawn into the dark, wet interior of the In2Care station.
- The mosquito lands on the gauze inside the station floating on the water, picking up two different types of biocide in the process. She lays eggs within the device so the larva hatch and release pheromones that make the trap even more attractive to other mosquitoes. These larva are killed before they pupate.
- After flying out of the device, the slow-acting biocide that the mosquito picked up while laying her eggs works to kill the insects over time.
- She carries the other biocide that kills larva to other egg-laying sites, contaminating other breeding sites to kill off greater populations.
Allow our team to bring this advanced mosquito killing technique to your yard by contacting us at (617) 964-4733 to request your free mosquito inspection!
Ongoing Prevention Plans
Tick and mosquito removal often requires ongoing treatment to ensure total eradication. Depending on the severity of your infestation, we may recommend several different pest control service plans to help meet your needs. Our options include:
Best for customers experiencing extremely high volumes of mosquitoes and ticks, our monthly plan covers all your ongoing treatment needs. Service starts as early as March focused on ticks and can continue until November. Most customers get the results they need with a April to October monthly service. Our spring and fall visits are focused on servicing tick habitat and the June, July, and August visits are focused on mosquito service.
This plan is considered the standard pest control service cycle for ticks only. This service is normally an early and late spring, then a late summer and early fall tick habitat treatment.
To augment tick control, we can apply tick tubes once in the spring and once in the summer. Tick tubes contain treated nesting material. Rodents like field mice and chipmunks will utilize the nesting material and treat themselves for ticks. This reduces the number of ticks on small rodents adjacent to the structure and yard. To augment the mosquito service, we offer In2Care egg traps and localized protection zones with the LIV installed repellent system.
We’ll recommend the right plan for you following a thorough inspection and first round of treatment. Contact our team at (617) 964-4733 to request your free inspection and get started today!
Professional Mosquito & Tick Prevention with GreenHow
As the first and only pest control company in Boston to be Green Shield and Green Pro Certified for green pest control service, we are proud to offer safe, effective solutions for all Massachusetts families. We are deeply committed to providing top-quality, eco-friendly solutions surpassed only by our exceptional customer service. Through our 100% satisfaction guarantee, our team will ensure a superior service experience or we’ll refund your last charge and work to correct the issue.
Schedule your free inspection today by calling GreenHow at (617) 964-4733 or contacting us online!
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Contact us or refer to our FAQ.
How long do I have to stay out of my yard for after treatment?
As Boston’s premier provider of eco-friendly pest control solutions, GreenHow’s mosquito and tick removal techniques do not require you to avoid your yard. Our extermination methods are fast-acting with low environmental impact for your added peace of mind.
Is it safe for pets and children?
Yes — GreenHow only uses materials that are safe for you, your family, and your pets.
Is it safe for garden plants?
All vegetation treatments used during our mosquito and tick removal process are designed to protect garden plants from pests without causing harm.
How often do I need to treat for best results?
We make personalized recommendations for ongoing treatment plans based on the severity of your pest infestation, type of pest, property type, environment, and more. Consult with your pest control professional to determine the treatment plan that’s best for your situation.